1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best design for Netafim/Drip irrigation??

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, May 13, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I'm just googling around...finding some ok places but I want the BANG POW of websites!

Where is the Knock out of drip irrigation sites??

I know you Big Dogs(except MIke Leary) know you stuff..

I'm just a pup looking for his Litter box..

Care to help?

Thanks in advance
  2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

How many netafim systems have you installed? We have only worked on a few but have been seeing them more and more on designs. I believe with have 3 com's coming up that have netafim for beds.
  3. CAPT Stream Rotar

I've prob done less than 30....I don't understand this idea of exhaust header/supply header? i assume its the connection from or to the feed(poly/PVC)?

How we usually do them is get our feed in poly to the starting point...Pop a Y adapter off the filter/reducer and go with 1 guy making a mini 3 inch trench, and me right behind him poppin in various connections/putting in staples ever 3 feet or so
    ..I'm pretty quick...The design is not a big deal for the little stuff...But we have a SERIOUS job coming up....100 K worth of plants in netafim.Ill take some pics soon...Its a serious job cause we need to have them watered so the irrigation company is not liable for any plants dying...I have a few ideas on how to lay this one out.I know the boss wants all the trees on 1 zone...and shrubs and 2 zones....

If I remember correctly you can only do about 800 feet or so in drip on 1 zone...what I'm wondering is about hooking up the manifold with 1 reducer/filter...and then if possible put the 3 zones after filt/reducer.....

just looking for ideas and also wondering the best way to drip a tree with a 10 FT radius Ball/root system....

Another thing is @ this account nothing is ever set in Cement..this lady pays someone to shovel $$ into the bank....So things will change..I def want to leave 200 ft on each zone for future design...do they make any size bigger than 3/8?
  4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Netafim is the king of the road for drip....the new tube has low-drain checks
    installed for banks where drainage could be a problem. Research carefully,
    their spec manual one of the best.
  5. CAPT Stream Rotar

ever emitter has a check valve installed to it...

thats impressive
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Thats the word...get your rep to get you a spec sheet....catalog...you can
    never have enough catalogs...all in fun & learn Rotar, I'm trying to get you
    where you can handle your own show...four years min. before the smart arse
    goes out on his own...are you thinking about the Rotar show?
  7. CAPT Stream Rotar

im @ 3 years now....just starting to do estimates/such..I appr it mike....
    Im bitching to my rep for the Xerasape catalog....

Ive been thinking about the CAPT Stream ROTAR show since day 1....
    do you have a company mike? or are you a worker bee?
  8. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

best place for drip

9. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

drip footage depends on flow just like any other hydraulic calc. Netafim makes a line of tubing with 1.0lph output. I was suprised to find that they have no problem with runs in excess of 300' between supply and exhaust. the emmiters are pressure compensating with anti-siphon and anti-drain built in. You do need to install the headers, or I think winterizing would be a whole new nightmare. 360' of 1.0lph tube works out to just over 1gpm. as long as you feed no longer than what the tube will carry, you can run as much as you can supply from/to the headers.