Best Digging Vompact Tractor

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a compact tractor (about a bx22 size) vice Dingo or Skid Steer purchase and would like to know what is recommended make model. Dingo's bottom out easily in damp conditions because of the lack of ground clearance, but I like their lift capacity, but not the reach. Skid Steers are too heavy and slightly overkill. I will be using it for loading compost,mulch. soil into a tow dump trailer and for tow turf renovators/top dressers.
    Thanks in advance

2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I have a New Holland 25D and I love it. I have the loader, york rake and brushhog. I would buy the $5700 backhoe for it but my uncle has a Yanmar excavator that I use. We have a ford 1520 at my other job and we use it to push rail cars. They weigh 250,000 lbs full. That tractor is almost 15 years old and it doesn't leak anything. That is why I bought one just like it. I also like the feel of the controls over Kubotas and John Deere. I can pick up a full bucket of rubble or topsoil as long as I have an attachment on the back, my tires are not loaded. Just my opinion though. Try a couple brands out first, they all have good financing now.