Best Echo Trimmer/Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dstosh, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to get a new trimmer and blower I should probably get a backpack blower just so Im not shooting myself in the foot buying handelds. I know your all going to say the Echo 650 for the best blower yeah bet it is sweet but let me tell you I dont exactly have 450 or what ever they cost to buy one of those bad boys. Maybe a few modles down or so will be in my price range 250-300. As Far as the trimmer goes i am looking for something comparable to the Redmax Bc225dL. Any sugestions are appricated

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to add Echo hedge clippers to this....what's the best?

Sorry to leach off your thread........
  3. Dstosh

Envy Thats ok..I have Echo HC-150 and they seem to do the trick I dont think echo makes any other hedge trimmers like that the only other ones are the ones that are extended..i think ...I could be wrong I have been known to do so
  4. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

get the 230 or higher weed eater. The 210 is good but power might be a little low. They do have a 260 i think but unless you cut 8' tall grass all day you probably wont need that one. As far as back pack blower unless you do leaf clean ups you dont need the big boy. Just get the one that is just above your price range. That is how it always works our for me. I have 250 to spend and they have one good for 230 and then an even better one for 270. What are you going to do. I usually break down and buy the bigger one. BTW i love echo and its all i use. other than the Z
  5. Dstosh

I havent been in business all that long but I havent done a whole lot of leaf clean ups but as soon as I buy a 150 dollar hand held blower I will get 5 calls for leaf clean ups so If I get a good blower then I will offer leaf removal and cash in ..Thanks
  6. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i meant to get that one. Every once in a while my backpack whill need to have the carb cleaned out or something and it wont start or gets flooded and i grab the handheld. well after 5 min of that having to walk every sq in of the drive and walk i am back at the other blower trying to get it running for the next yard. Backpack is the way to go. Mine is 6 years old and it starts on the first pull when warm and the first or second when cold depending on how hard i want to pull the string.
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your going to have this equipment for at least 10 years. DON'T SKIMP! Put them on a Credit card if you have to, but don't compromise when it comes to POWER!

With that thought....

PB-650 or 750

Your talking your Bread and Butter tools here, why compromise?
  8. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

I agree that you need power but there is a poing where there is more power than you need and therefore spend more money then you have. Starting a business you need to make good business decisions and make the money you have or make go as far as it can. I have put things on credit cards plenty of times to get just what i wanted wheni didnt have cash on hand. But there can be to much and you can spend all of your profits on equipment and then you have to work to pay for your stuff.

Now not to pick on you TLS, but why dont you have a 2003 truck with a diesel engine or a 72" laser with the big diesel engine and other stuff on the high end of the scale. You have what you have cause it works and you dont need to spend extra money right now. Business is all about making your credits more than your depits. Now i know i dont know alot about this biz on the large scale, but i started what i have to day in high school inthe back of my s10 with 2 push mowers and a weedeater. and i bought stuff when i had the money. I am sure 90% of the people on this forum did the same. if they didnt they should have so they can appreciate what they have now.

I guess to sum up what i am trying to say is spend more than you plan on but dont spend everything you will make for the next week or so. Unless its a big ticket item. When you can figure out how to do this you will be successful.
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here's my story....

Everything that I buy, I buy the biggest, baddest, most hp, most Mhz, whatever it may be, that is available at the time.

First Class, NO exceptions.

When I bought my truck. I ordered it with EVERY possible option available. That was one year out of highschool. Thats like a 19 yo kid going out and buying a $40,000 vehicle today. Why did I buy the BEST??? So it will last. Sure, its soon time for a new truck, and in another year it will be time for a new Lazer, and new string trimmer, etc.

When I replace any of those items, they will be replaced with the TOP-OF-THE-LINE best of whatever is available.

It doesn't pay to scrimp.

Yes I want the most powerfull blower.

Yes I want the most powerfull trimmer.

Yes I want the most powerfull ZTR.

Yes I want the most powerfull Truck.

See where I'm going?

An extra $100 isn't going to hurt this guy looking for a blower. He WILL BE happier and save a LOT of time with a big blower (or whatever).

This has been my policy, and will continue to be.
  10. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

As far as blowers, I have the PB-602. Has plenty of power for my needs.