Best Edger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bj_y, Aug 15, 2004.

1. bj_y

bj_y LawnSite Member

Hey guys. Who makes the best edger? I have both stihl weedeaters and echo weedeaters, and I am a little more pleased with the stihl. Any opinions on edgers?

2. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

sthil 4mix... i just got one and it is a beast!!! you will love it trust me! sthil is the only way to go!

3. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

I use a atom edger Australian made.Honda 4 stroke Cuts as fast as you can run!
    Stuart

4. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Ive got a Shindawia 260 and that thing rips....plus it starts on the first pull........

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree....

6. budrock

budrock LawnSite Member

Stihl fc110....Its the only one I've used so I can't compare it to any others but its hard to imagine another stick edger doing a better job.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I still have not found a great edger. Used four different ones so far, and haven't been pleased with them

8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

More information - which 4 have you used?

9. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use all echo edgers, Been using one of them going on 4 years now. I can't get it to break down (knock on wood). I have been very happy with them.

10. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a stihl fc75 it works great. Could use a little more power on the first time edging, but besides that it does the job great. If I would go with the 85 or the 4mix if you had the extra cash and could justify it.