Best Edgers??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rjgolfer, Jan 9, 2008.

1. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Need to buy an edger....what are the best ones out there??

2. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

Echo PE-230! Cant beat the power, weight, and metal deflector shield. Also 5 year warranty! now no one can beat an ECHO!!

PE230-1.jpg

3. mattmus4357

mattmus4357 LawnSite Member

Are the Echos really worth what you pay for them? I am wanting to get a new trimmer and edger and I've looked at some of those.

4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo makes good stuff but if you are using it as a piece of equipment for your lawn business you don't get the 5 year consumer/homeowner warranty you get the 2 year commercial.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Ya I like my echo PE-230 also. It does a good job and is not very expensive.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have an Echo 260 edger. Love it.

7. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Little Wonder walk behind edgers. Most people will think I am crazy, but we use them everyday on every single lawn. Best investment!!!

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

It really depends on what your needs are. A good dedicated edger will have more power to cut through heavy over growth over sidewalks and driveway's and Tanaka makes the best dedicated edger in the business. If your just wanting an edger to use as a weekly trimmer around sidewalks and driveway's then get a stick edger, any of the major brands will work fine. My preference is to use a dedicated edger in early spring on my properties then maintain with string trimmer the rest of the season.

9. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Can you clean up with just a blower??

10. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Clean the sidewalks and drives off???? Absolutely.