1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best enclosed trailer company?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Landmark Lawnscapes LLC, Mar 9, 2009.

1. LoneWolfLandscapes

LoneWolfLandscapes LawnSite Member

We have run Wells Cargo Trailers (8x20) for 15 years. Good quality, design and options that work for the long run.

A option to think about no matter what you pick, upgrade the axles to 4 tons (6 lug). It will be the one item garanteed to be a problem over time. Bigger brakes, tires and wheels, bearings, axles, and suspension. better stability and weight limit. My dealer sold me big on this option 15 years ago.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY!!!!!

I wish I had upgraded my axles to 5200lb axles instead of 3500!!
  3. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

For the trailer I got, the 3500 lb Axles were standard, 5200 lb axles cost $550 more and the 7000 lb axles cost $975more because the frame / tongue is upgraded at that point....
    I went middle of the road but maybe I should have gone the $425 for even more beef but I didn't.....I still think about it sometimes...

4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We have the same trailer, it has done good for 3 years.

I do agree that Wells Cargo, seem like they are top notch, from everything that I have read.
  5. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

We run a couple of Pace Summits 8 x 20 . Love them . We went with the 5k axles, for the few hundred extra dollars you get heavier tires , brakes and axles. Have also had Cargo Express , nice trailer but it was way over built , it had L shaped cabnits that were 3/4" marine plywood with aluminum over it. Have had Car mates before, they are ok, maybe they have steped it up some over the yrs. HAd a US cargo that was an ok trailer also. When I looked last time the Summit had a nicer fit and finsh than the Wells that we compared it to.
  6. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp LawnSite Member

Like my Haulmark LS 7x14, as of today is now are construction trailer. Just purchased a Wells Cargo 8x16 loaded to the max LS package, ATP Plates, Shelving, Green Touch, two-tone to match the haulmark, you name it, it has it. Same price out the door as the haulmark basic trailer and the dealer was great. Can not wait to put this thing into service.

7. Groundsmanagement

Groundsmanagement LawnSite Member

I have 2004 Interstate and it has been great.
  8. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

Wells Cargo always.....bought the first one in 1991, on the third one now. Never had a problem on any of them....good luck on your decision!
  9. Groundsmanagement

Groundsmanagement LawnSite Member

Are Horton Trailers any good
  10. MGV

MGV LawnSite Member

I still using my 20' enclosed 1998 pace trailer. Not one problem with it. Would deff buy another.