Best equipment for hardscaping

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Agape, May 20, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Instead of love them and leave them it sounds like impress then and depress them.

I think the mini's have a great place in the busines. I am just kidding you, since I do not know you.

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Impressing them usually comes from my work, not my truck. (ok, sometimes the truck) But after being in business as long as I have and spending as much time as I do in a truck, you'd want only the best too!

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I agree, the workers really hate new trucks I break them in. Nonetheless, I never buy something not ready to work and be placed in real service soon.

4. Birchwood

Birchwood LawnSite Member

Now, I was really thinking about buying a dingo, I've had a full size skid steer but we do a lot of renovation work, where I don't want to tear up the yard. So we would leave the machine on the street to load trucks and wheel barrows. With a dingo we could do the same (not as fast) but we could also dig. I also think we could use it to set out cropping, we do alot of it with a ball cart right now.

5. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

I own a Ditch Witch mini-skid and it is perfect for us--mostly renovation work backyards, decks etc. We don't do much hardscaping however we have used it for several walkways and it performs far better than a crew with a shovel. We will be using in combination with a mini excavator on a job here in the near future and I believe that they will be very complimentary. Full size machine would be overkill for most of our jobs---would like one at the shop for loading trucks and winter work though

6. pacemkr

pacemkr LawnSite Member

i purchased a vermeer tx650 mini track steer this spring, after repeated rentals last year of a 525 dingo.
    This little machine has absolutely changed my business with greater efficiency and productivity.

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a start but in the hardscaping business anyone working without a mini-ex is missing the boat.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I feel like I'm missing the boat :( just waiting for the right deal to come up.
    its funny, you find ways to make it work with what you have, but once you have the right tool for the job, its like how did I ever do this without it???

9. pacemkr

pacemkr LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the HP and lift capacity of the vermeer?