Best Equipment purchases you've made?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Well this was inspired from the worst purchase thread, and after a quick search I didnt see a best equiptment thread.

Anyways for me on a small scale it would be FASTRAPS! They save so much time, there indispensible. On a large scale it would be my Bobcat mowers. I love them to death.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Well, for one, Trimmer Traps racks. Not only is everything secure from theft, it ain't gonna get broke bouncing around on the trailer. I guess another thing is my Dixon ZTR mower. It is set up PERFECT for what I do, and I saved money by going with Dixon vs. Hustler or Exmark. Also got a mower better suited for my mowing conditions here. Also, my little S200 Toro snowblower is pretty good. Got it for free from a customer, and have made over $250 with it blowing snow this winter. Pretty good return on investment right there!
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The absolute best thing I ever bought was my Exmark TTHP 36". I had an older Toro Proline 118 rider with a 44" deck and collection system that I had about $3K invested into that handled 2 accounts. Don't regret buying the mower one bit, it's just that I had a lot of money tied up into a mower that handled about 1/5 of my entire revenue, I had my capital tied up in the wrong place. Sold it for a little more than I had into it and put the rest toward my Turf Tracer that handled 99% of my accounts and allowed me to do more in less time.
  4. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

1994 F450. Used it today to pull our 2000 F550 (dead wieght) up a hill ;) :weightlifter:
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

93 toro proline 32 wb(still working!)-sthil bg85-redmaxebz 8000-sthil hkl 75 extended hedge trimmers-vandermillion windmill hedge trimmers(best by a mile!)03 toyota tundra-john deere jx85 21.
  6. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

36" Toro w/b! that is by far the best mower. And of course my Z.
  7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Its a toss up between my Toro 36" gear drive wb and my Toro Proline 21". They are both 6yrs old and have been used and abused. Still reliable and cut great. Couldnt get by without them.:usflag:
  8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

On the high end: Exmark 52" Lazer HP.
    On the low end: ProLockers.
    On the extreme low end: WorkTunes.
  9. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to say my most recent purchases, which I have not been able to use yet. I picked up a Like New 2005 Metro HP 48" with 5 hours on it for $2100 Not a scratch on it. (love getting new machines for used machine prices). :laugh:

And I found a 2001 Lazer Z 60" 27HP Liquid Cooled for $2000. The guy said he thinks it needed a new engine (loud ticking noise), I found out it only needed a bolt. Now purr's like a kitten. Both new machines picked up for $4100, and They will make that back in April alone. :clapping:

Pretty good considering even used machine prices are so high. :dizzy:
  10. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

My Lazer Z hp, Gator HPX, and all my Redmax stuff:cool2: .