Best equipment to edge with?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by StihlMechanic, Oct 22, 2010.

?

Best equipment to edge with?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2010.
  1. String Trimmer (with gaurd-deflector ON-IN PLACE)

13.5%
  2. String Trimmer (with gaurd-deflector OFF-REMOVED)

13.5%
  3. Handheld CURVED shaft edger

24.3%
  4. Handheld STRAIGHT shaft edger

37.8%
  5. Walk-Behind Edger (Like McClane)

10.8%
  1. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Best equipment to edge with? Consider both quality and quantity, looks the best and/or fastest, which ever you prefer.

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I run a STIHL FC-75 and love it.

3. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

FC-75 edger is an awesome curved shaft edger, same 4137 model engine as the fs-80, fs85 trimmers. I am looking for one to buy.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Depends on the grass, I like an edger on warm season grasses, but use a trimmer on fescues.

5. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

110 combi w/ straight edger after you do it the first time you can literally run behind it

6. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Only time an edger is better is if it is a commercial property with a very very long distance of edging. Typical residentials I say trimmer upside down. There is a certain way to do it. You have to be in the grass facing the street or concrete and take your choice of going right or left. FOR ME, this way produces the best quality hands down. No way an edger could look better. It's nice for me because I don't have any commercials with long sidewalks or any edgers to buy.

7. nolanjim

nolanjim LawnSite Member

Handheld edgers here. They are more mobile than walk behinds and make a clean, even cut.
    Posted via Mobile Device