best exmark blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I know this has been discussed a billion times. I am taking possesion of a 98 exmark with 48in deck. I will be side discharging, and want to know the best blades for this application. Also, if it is possible to put a multch kit on it as it has no front baffles. Does this deck cut well, or should I have waited on a more current machine with baffleing?

Thanks
    Jay

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Anybody with some ideas? J Thomas has a few types, and I know others have been discussed here that are not in J Thomas. I really could use some suggestions. Do high lifts work better with the trivantage deck, or gators, doubles mabye.

Thanks
    Jay

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Shady Brook:

I do not own an exmark...yet. However, from the short time I have been hear and from what I have read, many people tout the notched foil blades as being good blades. I do believe that you can add a mulching kit to the machine. You may get a better response if you post to the Exmark forum (at least about the mulching kit question). Also, consider doing a search on "Exmark Blades".

I, myself, am considering an Exmark 32" Metro wb. I am considering this as opposed to a 36" or larger because our backyard gates here are about 35". I am part time for now, but in a couple of years I hope to have a Lazer Z for larger properties/front yards and the 32" for back yards. I will definitely consider the mulching kit for both.

4. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I run high lift blades on all my machines......