Best feature of my new IPhone

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Been experimenting with various phones, palm centro, military grade, etc since I'm at the end of my sprint/nextel plan. Felt I really needed to make the cell phone a better tool. I HATED THE PALM CENTRO. Those stupid little keypad phones are a technology abortion in my opinion. Finally I chucked Sprint and went AT&T and IPhone. Best decision I could have made. My phone is finally a real tool. Everything about it (except the price) is better than any phone I've had or looked over. Keypad, pictures, texting, contact set up, etc. etc. The best feature INMO? The voicemail system. Rather than force you to listen to all your voice mails in a row the calls come up on your screen and you can choose which to listen to in any order you want.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I hate going through a roster of voicemail. If I could see the originating phone number first, I'd dump half of them.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Ya mean the 5 calls in a row for an "irrigation emergency" because they never bothered to plan ahead?

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I have most of my customers holding realistic expectations about how quick they can expect a service appearance. Sometimes, you almost have to be brutally blunt, if there aren't enough hours in the day.

"...and how many four-figure checks have you written for us?..." is something I might be saying more of, if someone who has paid for exactly one winterizing wants me to drop what I'm doing "to take a look" at their system, today, right now.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Is there some kind of rugged case for that mini-laptop priced gidget of coolness?

6. otterbox.com coolness is right but functional as well.

7. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had mine for 2months now. As far as a case I have the agent18,I do not use a glass protector. I also leave it in the truck as well.

8. no1sportz

no1sportz LawnSite Member

I have to agree. The voicemail feature is amazing. I am an Apple nut and recently got an iPhone as well. I dropped Verizon and went with AT&T only for the simple reason of switching to an iPhone (didn't feel like getting an unlocked one). There are many other phones out there that try hard to be an iPhone but none come close. It truly is a tiny handheld computer.

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I second the otterbox case, had mine for a while and like the case, it does make it a bit quieter but I usually use a bluetooth headset because I normally can't hear the phone over all the equip. I'm seeing a lot of rumors pointing to a 3g iphone w/ GPS capability in June/July, and I will be upgrading for that, not so much for the speed, its quick enough but I desperately need the GPS and like having everything in one unit.

10. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like the map feature on the phone and the camera, well just the whole phone in general. I'm pleased with it.