1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Flat Fix?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOturkey, Mar 25, 2004.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

What have you found to be the best method for "in the field" fixing of flat tires on your mowers? A friend of mine always runs the sealant in his, but that seems like a pain, especially when it comes time to change them. Neill
  2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I always run tubes in my tires even if they are fine, seems to make the tires less suseptible to puncture holes. I wouldnt worry about the tire sealent. It makes a mess inside and most places wont repair a tire with it inside. They just sell you a new tire then clean the sh*t out. But with the sealent it will fix it anyway, so you dont have to worry about having to buy a new tire. Plus keep using sealent untill you need a new tire anyway. As long as it hold air, thats all that matters.
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We use tire plugs. If you have a flat with a tube tire its not a good day. I also carry a spare tire/wheel assy for the front tires of the rider and WB and sulky.
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I run Slime in my tires
  5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We also use Slime with great results. Tire plug kits, air tank and extra rims/tires are also ready in trailer if needed.
  6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I swear by the slime!
  7. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I put slime in all my tires. Haven't had a flat tire since I've started using it.
  8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have some slimed, most of the time we carry spare rims/tires for all mowers.
  9. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

We used SLIME .... good stuff.
  10. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I use a brand of sealer called Amerseal. It is sold in the Napa auto stores. I have found it to work much better than any other sealer out there.