Lawn Care Forum banner

Best Fonts for Fliers

12K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mtdmaster 
#1 ·
What fonts do you use for a flier? What do you think is the best for eye appeal and professionalism?

:D

#2 ·
I prefer verdana.
Any block type, easy to read font will work fine. Avoid using any script font or a font that has cutesy shaped letters.
Any advertising material that the potential customer has to put ANY effort in reading, WON'T get read.
To draw attention to an area, just use a larger size, bold, or colored lettering.
KISS
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

The stupid is not meant as anything personal, it's an advertising saying.

#3 ·
I recommend Impact or something simple and bold - Plus, reverse your headline out of a block. (White type on a black square) example below:

Font Material property Rectangle Monochrome Electric blue

#7 ·
Originally posted by Rustic Goat
I prefer verdana.
Any block type, easy to read font will work fine. Avoid using any script font or a font that has cutesy shaped letters.
Any advertising material that the potential customer has to put ANY effort in reading, WON'T get read.
To draw attention to an area, just use a larger size, bold, or colored lettering.
KISS
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

The stupid is not meant as anything personal, it's an advertising saying.
Ahkam's Razor: Keep it Simple, Stupid. KISS.

:D

#8 ·
Team Gopher - good link, thanks.

As for type of fonts, use something simple. Also, no more than two fonts should be used in an add. Use one for your headlines or things you want to call attention to, and one for the body of your ad.

WHITE SPACE is good. It lets the eye relax while reading. You're better off to simplify your message and use fewer words. Use a picture, or short description. Ask and answer a question. Don't list every single service you offer, people generally won't read through everything anyways, it's just distracting.

#11 ·
that is so true...the most that I have ever used is two fonts...I usually try to use the same font for the line that grabs their attention as well as the business name & number...while the detailed information I use a different font

#12 ·
This is where my nerd years being the editor in chief of the high school yearbook staff comes in handy. They are right on the two font max. Make them compliment eachother. I like to fool around with my designs constantly. Try using Copperplate or Helvetica. Copperplate is my choice for type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.