Best for a Newbie

Discussion in 'CLIP Software' started by hilltopgrounds, Oct 9, 2005.

  1. hilltopgrounds

    hilltopgrounds LawnSite Member
    Posts: 19

    What is the best for a newbie. I am looking to make setup everything over this winter and hit the road running this comming spring. For a newbie what is the best software to use? Thanks
     
  2. DaveTucker

    DaveTucker LawnSite Member
    Posts: 64

    The best software for a "Newbie" is not necessarily the easiest software to set up. The best software is the software that can handle any future growth in your company. If you spend a lot of time setting something up and then find that in 1 or 2 years it cannot handle your growth, you get to go through it all over again.

    The best software is the software that will handle your growth and the one that will have good classes, conferences, tutorials, tech support and such to help you when you get stuck or just with ideas.

    CLIP and qCLIP is being used by over 10,000 companies from small, owner/operator to large multi-million dollar companies. Because CLIP has been around since 1989 it also has the greatest spectrum of options, help and additional features. There are many, many features and functions in CLIP that you won't even know that you need until you get to a certain size or you have certain needs that you don't even know to ask about at this point.

    Just like the foundation of a house or building, you have to make sure that your foundation is right or you will have to re-do all of your work causing losses to your company and your own personal income.

    Hope this helps,

    Dave Tucker
     
  3. DaveTucker

    DaveTucker LawnSite Member
    Posts: 64

    Valerie, I am not sure what you are referring to since CLIP stands for Computerized Lawn Industry Program. We have been in the Green Industry and that is our emphasis to this day. You might want to check with Joe K. about your post... :)

    It is correct to point out that specialized, verticle software is the way to go. If someone thinks they can use "horizontal" software packages such as QuickBooks or Peach Tree to run their Green industry business, they are missing so much. Real Green and CLIP are both tailored to the Green industry and deserve a close look from anyone in our industry.

    Have a great day!
     
  4. Badgerz

    Badgerz LawnSite Member
    Posts: 122

    I thought CLIP stood for Cut Losses Increase Profits like it says in the banner up top.
     
  5. DaveTucker

    DaveTucker LawnSite Member
    Posts: 64

    CLIP officially stands for Computerized Lawn Industry Program. We came up with another achronym just to be a little different. We change our web page periodically.

    To answer your question, yes, 95% of our customers are in the green industry. The other 5% are from those other industries. These other industries are usually from customers that hear about CLIP from their friends in the Green industry and recommend CLIP to them.

    I appreciate your passion for the product you represent. That is a good trait but in reality you can never know if you have the BEST solution unless you understand the particular client you are talking to AND you understand all of the other solutions out there. It would probably help you to do a little research on the other solutions.

    My recommendation to anyone looking at software is to get the demos and get to know the company and its customers. Find out if the company is knowledgable and if they want to help you or just sell you. There have been times that we will actually tell someone that CLIP is not the best fit for them.

    My overall desire for my clients is that they become the most successful companies in their niche. If we cannot help someone to become more successful, we don't want to sell them something. There is a reason why we have over 10,000 companies using CLIP.

    Our slogan is, "Your success is our business", we try our best to take this very seriously.

    Have a great day!
     
  6. lawnlady73

    lawnlady73 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 1

    How do you get the CLIP software
     
  7. billc

    billc LawnSite Member
    Posts: 119

    Call 800-635-8485 and talk to Tina at x3160, or visit www.clip.com
     
  8. thilawncare

    thilawncare LawnSite Member
    Posts: 58

    What does a program of this magnitude run a small business?
    Im thinking about purchasing a software program such as one of these two previously mentioned.. Thanks
    Chris
     
  9. Laurentian

    Laurentian LawnSite Member
    Posts: 52

  10. casco73

    casco73 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 246

    Is Clip The Program That Has Landscaping Forms And Check Sheets For Lawns And Such??
     

Share This Page