1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best Friend Working With You?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zacher, Jun 12, 2013.

1. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I'd just hate to leave a dog in a truck during a 90+ day, even with the windows down. I've been to several small offices (barber, accountant, doctor...) who all have "office" pets, and I've got 4 dogs myself, but I just don't think sitting in a truck in the heat all day would be good for Fido...

2. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. Would love to be able to take my dog with me but it just wouldn't work out on a mowing route. Big property landscaping owner is ok with it I would. Giving quotes I would to. Being solo you do get lonely and knowing your dog is at home waiting for you all the time. Their life is short be a part of it as much as possible.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Lets try some common sense. Lets say you bring your dog on a job site and for what ever reason your dog is involved with another dog in a fight?, or is run over by traffic??, or is not under control and bites anyone???,.
    The point I am making is from a Liability stand point having pets travel with you while working is a loose loose across the board. Leave your pets home or with someone else while your working and you will always have Zero Liability for your business.
    easy-lift guy