Best fuel stabilizer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazyflyboy30, Mar 14, 2013.

1. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

2. GrassGuerilla

I use an old 7 gallon glass jug. Many plastics are themselves reactive. Some people have reported a white mucous like substance in the fuel when using non gasoline rated plastic vessels. Short contact times shouldn't be a problem. But I wouldn't leave it in there long at all. Non-reactive containers are the order of the day.

For scaling up, I'm considering using a steel 55 gallon drum. Then just siphon off the top careful to avoid the zone. If I go that route, ill be adding a secondary water filter like this.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=pd_sl_5xxlhj1mt2_e?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amr+funnel&keywords=mr+funnel&ie=UTF8&hvnetw=g&tag=hydsma-20&hvadid=25932424914&hvptwo=&hvpone=&hvpos=1t1&hvrand=9477182381019047409&hvexid=&hvqmt=e

Or one fella I chatted with is a bush pilot. They use a leather Chamois to filter water from aviation fuel on the Amazon. If its good enough for aviation, it ought to run a weed wacker.

Hope this helps. Here come the haters...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

If they made 5 gallon buckets of seafoam, Id get it in a heartbeat. I use it every 5 or so fill ups. I run it twice a year in the mower gas, and all the time in the handheld's mix.

4. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

5. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

RM K-123 Drag Elite

The latest to come out of the Renegade labs for Nitrous! For racers that want to increase the amount they spray, yet not worry about the fuel having detonation issues during release of Nitrous Oxide. Protects 16:1 or greater racing engines spraying extraordinary amounts of Nitrous. This fuel is non-oxygenated.

Formula Octane…….123
    Motor Octane………..123
    Research Octane…..123
    Specific Gravity…… .726
    RVP……………………3.9
    Leaded

6. zackvbra

WIN! yes! :clapping: lol. thanks jones.

7. zackvbra

i think ill just start running seafoam all the time with the 55 gallon drum. Thatll last me years!

8. GrassGuerilla

Can I get that empty drum when your done with it?;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. zackvbra

Idk I might use it to weld me up a nifty bbq grill. :laugh:

10. GrassGuerilla

Mmmm, sea foam marinated pork butt. Sounds like a work lunch.
    Posted via Mobile Device