Best fuel stabilizer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazyflyboy30, Mar 14, 2013.

1. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

If the only problem was "gumming up of the carb" a dose or two of sea foam would do the trick. The white slime on screens in carbs, the erosion of carb bodies to the point of leaking, the hardening of diaphragms isn't cured by any of the "miracle in a bottle" cures. Trust me, I've tried. Posted both here and elsewhere my experience. I'm not condemning anyone for trying any of the products out there. But there is a LOT of bad advice and misuse of products.

I just want good quality pure gasoline. So far, this is the easiest, most economical means to that end. If it took a bunch of time, it wouldn't be practical. It doesn't. In my test phase, it takes about 10 minutes. Should scale up to 50 gallons in about the same. Not a deal breaker for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Not to get more off topic but I don't know about that. I have a maikita 4 stroke that I got used from homedepot. I don't know how many hours is on it but I love it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. GrassGuerilla

Not to hate on 4-strokes, but more moving parts isn't going to help. The handheld 4-strokes are getting better as time progresses. But 2-stroke handhelds are, and have been the proven technology of choice for the task for decades. They still haven't come up with a half decent 4-cycle chainsaw. Swear to god I will quit this field if I have to use a Briggs chainsaw.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

In either case. seafoam really is amazing for cleaning out your engine. as i said. i could hear a real difference in how my engine ran treating with it.

5. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Hahaha, yes. That would be interesting. I personally like the concept of running all 4-stroke. Having no more mixed cans would be nice. And I have had Seafoam bring an engine that had water in it back to life with about 2 ounces.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. birddseedd

4 stroke also means more engine maintenance. which costs money

7. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

4 stroke engines last a lot longer .I have 2 trimmers one that is a 2002 and 2005 both are still is 100% all but a carb. kit on the 2002 .4 strokes run in pure oil is why they last longer .

8. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

4 stroke also means less engine maintenance. which save you money.
    My 2 trimmers has no engine maintenance not even a spark plug.
    And all the 2 stoke oil I did not buy.:laugh::laugh::drinkup:

9. GrassGuerilla

What kind of four strokes you running flyboy?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. birddseedd

the only way you are running without a spark plug is if you have a diesel. and i know good and well there are no diesel trimmers.