Best fungicide Brand?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by LawnMowerKing10, Jun 25, 2012.

1. ChiTownAmateur

ChiTownAmateur LawnSite Senior Member

I have used and found a lot of success using Bayleton granules. It's systemic and easy to apply, the key of course is it needs to be watered pretty good in order to make it work. But it does begin working in 24 hours and will halt whatever is causing problems with 48 hours and begin to reverse the condition if it is something such as brown patch where is rarily fatal to the plants.

2. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

ChiTownAmateur- Where can this stuff be purchased?

3. Reliable 1

Reliable 1 LawnSite Member

You can purchase Heritage granular from John Deere Landscapes. Apply it at 2-4 lbs per 1000. Light irrigation or dew activates the chemical systemically. It's both curative and preventive in nature. Hope this helps.

4. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks! I will try that. How many times should it be applied during the summer?

5. Brett Thomas

Brett Thomas LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. Reliable 1

Reliable 1 LawnSite Member

I can typically get by with one application. I'm not a big fan of applying fungicides to begin with as with antibiotics, fungicides tend to kill good bacteria as well as the targeted fungus. I try to do all of the things to reduce potential problems. If I can get by without applying fungicide, then I typically don't as a preventative measure. One application is good for about 28 days. Hope that helps......

7. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

Three applications per season of Heritage or Compass, or stuff in that family is the maximum recommended. More than that leads to resistance.
    If you need multiple fungicide applications, it is typically best to alternate between types of fungicide, so you should have a couple of kinds in your "bank".

8. ChiTownAmateur

ChiTownAmateur LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry it was Bayer Advanced that I have used. Available at most any superstore. I also have used Immunox ready to spray which worked well too, but not as well as the granules iimo.

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

10. Brett Thomas

Brett Thomas LawnSite Member

If your looking to setup a successful disease program that will work follow just a few simple tips. Applie your first preventitive treatment once the nighttime temps reach 60-65. Irrigation should be run between 1 am to 5 am never after lunchtime. Bayleton really doesn't work very well on brown patch once the disease pressure goes up. Granular fungicides have really gotten much better since their first appearance. I would applie headway g at 3.5 lbs per m for the first app and second app. Then use 3336 g for the 3rd app and if favorable conditions still exist applie either one for the next app.