Best gas can setup!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Just wondering what the best gas can set up is to get for 2 cycle equiptment! Im tired of spilling gas all over me and the equiptment when it overfills!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy::cry:
  2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I mix in a 5 gal. can then pour that into a 1 gal. can - carefully.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

hands down, the best.

Which reminds me... the spout on mine finally bit the big one this summer, after about 6 years of being in the sun. I just need a new can! (I use the 2.5 gallon size for 2 stroke mix). I love the large opening in the back to pour in the mix and gas. Don't have to mess with the spout of rubber gaskets that way.

So nice, because you just tilt it up to pour position, then bump the button. as it gets full you release the button. you don't have to do any quick juggling of the can to stop and start pouring.

** I just looked at their site, and I see that they don't have the rear cap on them anymore :confused:
  4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I swear to you the best are the one or two gallon UNO or justrite cans. They're like $75 but well worth it. No spilling and great control of flow. All metal too so less or no vapor escape thru the plastic. I got mine at It's $$$, but everything worth it usually is.
  5. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Stay away from that "No-Spill" I had to trash mine in under a year! The slip on spout cracked so it would not stay on, then last week I knock it off my tail gate and the top corner cracked. Cheap plastic must be made in China. Blitz makes a good Can can, that's all I will buy from now on I got over 5 years on my last one.
  6. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I bought 2 of the no spill cans but haven't used them yet. Let me say this about the company. I left a message over the holidays and the next business day the owner called back and we had a good chat. Lifetime warranty so give him a call if something is broke. I bought from him because he is a small company and is local to the K.C. area. I do know this. By all the dang gas cans you will need forever due to some heavy regs coming from EPA the first part of this year I guess. I'd pay good money for the old biltz cans with the clear puch in spout if anyone has any,ha.
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Good to know that you can order from the factory... The website says a big NO to direct orders... But I have no dealers really "close" to me, other than one that dosn't stock anything at all... I'm going to call them tomorrow! I need a new spout for my old can, and might break down and just buy a whole new can if they aren't too expensive. Just need a 2.5 gallon for the mix stuff. I'm still milking my old Gott 5 gallon cans till they turn to dust.
  8. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Sorry but I didn't buy them direct from him. I bought them from one of his dealers but I would think he would warranty it right through him. I just like the idea of working with a small local company. I go out of my way to do that no matter what I buy.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have had a problem with these cans cracking because of temperatures changes. Came out one morning and the can looked like it imploded or shrank up..,air can't get in/out of those cans.
  10. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Which makes it CARB compliant. :(