Best gas can.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTO Enterprises, Sep 9, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one of my fuel cans. I have several and use them for everything from the race car to the mowers. Manufactured by scribner plastic. I can dump 5 gallons in around a minute.

http://www.scribnerplastics.com/utiljug.htm

fuel jug.jpg

fuel jug spout.jpg

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats great except for this disclaimer:

Not for sale in states which require spill proof containers. I'm located in NJ - so I know they are prohibited from even shipping to my state. I cannot stand these new spillproof containers, especially for the 2 cycle stuff... you spill more trying to hold the equipment, the can & properly activate those stupid spouts.... not to mention how swelled up the cans get when it gets hot & gasses expand.

3. KTO Enterprises

They will ship it to NJ. Just tell them that you race and its a water jug. Thats why its sold as a utility jug and not a fuel jug.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I hate those cans also....I drilled a little hole in mine to vent...I am buying up as many of the old ones that I can find.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Those are pretty cool. they sell some like that here at our Autozones. They are round and look more like the NASCAR cans, though.

6. KTO Enterprises

What I like is that I get the white ones and I can see through them to see how much fuel is in it, or if I'm filling up a pre mix can I can see how much I have dumped.

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

is that spout homemade

i am going to look in to those cans

8. KTO Enterprises

9. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'm a fan of the push button "no spill" cans you can get online. they are perfect for 2-cycle equipment, not so much for my 14 gallon tank on my everride.