1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Gas Engine

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by IXINRGIXI, Sep 3, 2012.

1. nparish

nparish LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

Kaw for me.
  2. CandyAces

CandyAces LawnSite Member

Kawasaki or Briggs Vangaurd
  3. thecuttingedgelawn

thecuttingedgelawn LawnSite Member

I've always been a Kohler fan. I also have a Kaw. I've never had any problems with my Kohler on my Ferris but my 19hp Kaw on my Exmark, I did have to do a minor fix on the carb. Other than that they are both good engines. Kohler parts are easier to find and cheaper than Kaw I know for a fact. Briggs Vanguard has come quite a ways the last 2-3 years or so though. Have heard good things about Kubota gas engines too, but if your going to go Kubota and can afford it, go diesel.
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

All Kawi here with a 3cyl Kubota diesel thrown in the mix.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. JustRidinAlong

JustRidinAlong LawnSite Member

Kawasaki is great

The Kohler EFI has been awesome over the last year. I've noticed a difference in the fuel savings
  6. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

The old FC Kawasaki motors were good. I am NEVER buying anything else with a Kawasaki motor on it. It is Kohler Command or I am not buying it from here on out. Kaw are way cheaper built than they used to be. I expect to get at least 3k out of my engines. Kohler will give me 5k. Kaw will give me about 1400 maybe.
  7. oznort

oznort LawnSite Member

I have zero complaints about the Kawasaki on my Exmark. I don't have enough experience with other manufactures to make a statement about them though.
  8. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I was a die hard Kawi guy until I purchased a Vanguard.....very impressive.
  9. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

Kohler, Kawi, or Vanguard, you really cannot go wrong with a commercial engine if you keep up the maintenance. All in the HP, TQ, and $$$
  10. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Now THATS the truth.