1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best gas powered hedge trimmer??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by n2h20, Dec 26, 2005.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

for ocasional use -i would buy echo 1500

2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

woah..
    I get your point just fine. didnt know they ran that much. Thats why i asked.
    never did i play mr know it all. Sorry if i do not know the prices of trimmers hedgers mowers or skid steers. . DOnt need to sugar coat it, but dont need to be an ass either. you could have said for 200 bucks you wont get a quality trimmer but for another 100 or so you “Will get you one of the best trimmers out there."
    Thats all i was looking for.
    Thanks for the reply's.

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is doubt as to you pretending to be a know it all,but no doubt at all ,he's a prick.

Try a homeowner sthil or echo,you will get years of work out of either.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

If you feel comfortable buying gas powered equip. online...I would think you could find a nice used commercial hedge trimmer for bout 2 Benjamin's on ebay. Maybe pound the pawn shops.:)

5. AssuredServicesCo

AssuredServicesCo LawnSite Member

We use Stihl hedge trimmers. We use one on a long handle and a regular hand held one and each has alot of good uses. The long handle one is my preference since it has a head you can angle. I think I paid 600 for it last year but it's quiet and really works well.

6. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

i personally like redmax the best we have one singlesided a doublesided and the long handle trimmer that can angle also have a single sided tanaka but it doesnt compare to the redmax

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have two short reach redmax trimmers. They are excellent for boxwoods and small leafed shrubs, but they are worthless on thicker shrubs.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For home-owner to light commercial use you can't beat the echo HC 150. It's a great machine. I would check ebay if you are trying to save a buck or two! I got mine for 269.95+tax. I don't know what your market would charge if its any different.
    You won't be dissapointed with ECHO!!!

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

And for the extra $90, the echo shc2100 is worth the price.
    once you go shaft, you'll never use a chainsaw type again.

10. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

well i only use little wonder trimmers gas as well as electric. you will find that more manicure shrubbery will require a sharp an fast trimmer for precise work thats when i use the electrics. when i have more rough shubbery with bigger limbs i use the gas . its all what you prefer but if you want an awesome unit look at the little wonder models