Best gas powered hedge trimmer??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by n2h20, Dec 26, 2005.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

for ocasional use -i would buy echo 1500

2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

woah..
    I get your point just fine. didnt know they ran that much. Thats why i asked.
    never did i play mr know it all. Sorry if i do not know the prices of trimmers hedgers mowers or skid steers. . DOnt need to sugar coat it, but dont need to be an ass either. you could have said for 200 bucks you wont get a quality trimmer but for another 100 or so you “Will get you one of the best trimmers out there."
    Thats all i was looking for.
    Thanks for the reply's.

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is doubt as to you pretending to be a know it all,but no doubt at all ,he's a prick.

Try a homeowner sthil or echo,you will get years of work out of either.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

If you feel comfortable buying gas powered equip. online...I would think you could find a nice used commercial hedge trimmer for bout 2 Benjamin's on ebay. Maybe pound the pawn shops.:)

5. AssuredServicesCo

AssuredServicesCo LawnSite Member

We use Stihl hedge trimmers. We use one on a long handle and a regular hand held one and each has alot of good uses. The long handle one is my preference since it has a head you can angle. I think I paid 600 for it last year but it's quiet and really works well.

6. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

i personally like redmax the best we have one singlesided a doublesided and the long handle trimmer that can angle also have a single sided tanaka but it doesnt compare to the redmax

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have two short reach redmax trimmers. They are excellent for boxwoods and small leafed shrubs, but they are worthless on thicker shrubs.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For home-owner to light commercial use you can't beat the echo HC 150. It's a great machine. I would check ebay if you are trying to save a buck or two! I got mine for 269.95+tax. I don't know what your market would charge if its any different.
    You won't be dissapointed with ECHO!!!

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

And for the extra $90, the echo shc2100 is worth the price.
    once you go shaft, you'll never use a chainsaw type again.

10. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

well i only use little wonder trimmers gas as well as electric. you will find that more manicure shrubbery will require a sharp an fast trimmer for precise work thats when i use the electrics. when i have more rough shubbery with bigger limbs i use the gas . its all what you prefer but if you want an awesome unit look at the little wonder models