Best Greener Upper

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by precisioncut, Jun 5, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

What is the best product to use to green up the grass a bit? Give me some products you have tried.

2. Etlawn

Etlawn LawnSite Member

I would recommend Iron

3. I agree with "Iron".

There is a product called "Ironite" here in Michigan, and it works well.

4. When the soil chemistry is correct, and the turf is properly fertilized, then the color shouldn't be a problem

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Just keep in mind that Iron passes through the soil profile in a relatively quick amount of time.

Iron will boost the color of the turf, but the effect will last no more than a couple of weeks.

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Iron passes through that fast? I spray ferrous sulphate on 95% of the props I do in the spring. I can still see the difference in lawn colour now. The ones that weren't sprayed are lighter green while the sprayed ones are a very dark green. Its not a huge difference, but noticable.

7. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

From what we normally see here, Ironite (granular) would need to be applied at least once per month.

It could be that your liquid products are more effective.

8. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I use ferrous sulpahte heptahydrate. It comes as a powder and then you tank mix it, has to be agitated a lot. 20% iron. You can see the difference in sprayed and non sprayed lawns until about mid July. I make sure that my fert has iron in it too, that helps.

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of the Roots Inc. iron products. Iron Roots or Roots 1-2-3.

10. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

FerroMec by Gordon and Fe8 by Roots!
    In fact I sprayed my lawn with FerroMec yesterday, you can watch it green up.