Best gun to spray FF

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by metro36, Mar 9, 2012.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have been using the aerosol cans of fluid film but I just bought my first gallon as I am planning on undercoating my truck and all of my mower decks with it. I know its recommended that you apply FF with a undercoating gun but I was wondering if you can use other types of spray guns. I have a cheap paint gun from harbor freight that I have never used so I was wondering if I can use that. If not, anybody know where I can get a cheap undercoating gun?

Thanks

2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can use an airless paint sprayer, like a Wagner. Basically, any sprayer that could spray a latex paint could spray Fluid Film. You could find a good undercoating gun that was tested through www.kellsportproducts.com.

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

i got my gun from kellsport, if you try a regular paint gun and it does work it will have to become dedicated to ff or you risk contaminating any paint you may use after that if the gun wasn't perfectly cleaned out

4. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

The gun from kellsport has gotten very good feedback.

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I think I am going to order the gun from kellsport. The one I have from harbor freight doesn't seem like it would work to well.

Are you using the regular gun or the pro version?