1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best hand held gas powered blower/vac?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hoosier Mower, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I currently have a Crapsman gas powered hand held blower/vac and as most Sears products are it's a piece of sh*t! Was wondering whats the best blower/vac combination in the gas powered type?
  2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl ! :)
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax HB2300 is the best I've used. ED
  4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Does Sthil make a handheld blower/vac combo?

Are you looking for a good backpack blower? Asking your question will get you the regular answers, each person giving the thumbs up for their product of choice, many time without and experance with the other brands. I was like that, I always gave the answer "Sthil [​IMG] ", no more!

I now own the following blowers:

Red Max EB7000
    Shindiawia EB630
    Sthil BR400

Of the 3, I like the Shin 630 the best, power, nice straps, power, flex tube, power, easy start. and did I mention it has a lot of POWER! I just got the redMax and it differs little from the Shin, the BR400 is the weakest of the three, by far!

Me & my cousin often try to shoot each others hat of at the trailer with the blowers, I win because I have the 630, since we now have the 7000 my record may fall..:cry:
  5. Tropical Trim

Tropical Trim LawnSite Member

Stihl BG 75 hand held works pretty well for us. well balanced and power for a hand held. Shindaiwa hand held pretty good, easy starting,low db's, but has a mind of it's own from centrifucal force caused by spinning impelor. You must fight it a bit to point in the direction you want it to blow. Other than that it's pretty good.
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I WOULD SUGGEST A POULAN PRO. also change your mix to echo50-1 and high octane.this machine really does put out for a hand held.make sure your mix is exact and good luck. later
  7. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

HOMELIGHT is the way to go

STIHL is nice so is echo i dont see a difference as long as your cc's are the same and air volume just get the biggest you can

8. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

10. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

Keep in mind I'm looking for a blower/vac combo, just not a blower