Best head for a well system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAMP Lawncare, Jul 2, 2008.

1. CAMP Lawncare

CAMP Lawncare LawnSite Member

Im getting started in irrigation a little i did a buddys 10000sf lawn and had nothing but trouble. He has a well that produces 7gpm. i was encouraged to use hunters pgj by my supplier. i was wondering what everyones opinions are for the best head to use with such a low flow well

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

A hunter pgp definatly is the best. They are the only manufacturer that makes nozzles small enough to do matched precipitation and still stay below your available water.
    I do a lot of systems that run on between 4-9 gpm. They work fine, you just have to set run times longer.

3. Maxi-paws by RBird would be my choice. Seriously. But I'd definitely listen to a second opinion. No well experience here.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

PGP's get the nod for ease of matching up to a supply. Maxipaws will still do more distance with less pressure, but higher flows, than PGPs. And if the well water has any sand in it, Maxipaws rule.

5. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Have you tried the Toro T5? I used a couple of cases so far and they have a great spray pattern with low pressure. The Toro rep did a demo and showed how the T5 will seal with no leakage while the PGP and RB5000 are flooding.

Give them a try they adjust like a PGP except they use a regular screwdriver. Left side is set point.

6. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Hard to believe that.............these are great heads.

PGP, gets my first choice, RB5000 2nd choice, Toro gets................:cry:

7. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Believe what you see not what you hear. The rep. took two new heads off the shelf at my dist.(PGP & RB5000) at 15 psi the T5 was up and sealed with a good pattern while the other 2 were still flooding. They also pop up 5"... not sure if this is such an advantage.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

pgp I 20 I 25

no rainbirds and def not toro..

9. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

MP Rotators!:weightlifter:

10. MpRotators get my vote....best for low pressure and low flow