1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Headset For Tunes While Mowing??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProcsLC, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

Any thoughts? I go through 3-5 headphones.. MP3 players... and what not, each season...either not loud enough, or they get broken... Anyone have good luck with a certain type for durability and capable of hearing them without looking like your gonna land a plane somewhere?
  2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

3. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

Awesome, thats the kind of input I am looking for here... Appreciate it!
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I find the use of that word ironic. If you DID "look" for what you originally asked about, this post wouldn't be here.

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i'm in the same position, i either blow or lose about 3 or so sets a season...my only problem is i am limited to what i can use because i use and iphone and dont want to lose the "remote" ability to answer a call or skip to the next song...so with the research i have done i came up with a few diff brands that can handle more power so they wont blow and i wont lose those options...one of the brands was skullkandy or some **** like that, among others, i would check those out...these are the small earbuds like the typical apple headphones
  6. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

the v-modas were another good option, had to look them up...at the apple store they are $120 or something and ebay they are $30...might be a different model so not sure on the price but i would definitely look into these
  7. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, some people do need to learn how to use the search feature, but he's new, so we don't want to be too mean to him. :)

I'm sure that were all guilty of posting things without searching before, at least he isn't asking for the time again, lol.
  8. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, that thread had a lot, or all the info you were LOOKING for!! But, I use the AO Worktunes. Resection is spotty. but the noise reduction is very good.
  9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Stay away from v-moda....they sound great but will last about 2-3 monthes (and that's not using them while mowing) the wires get frayed and start to split and these were the ones I bought at the apple store not the knock-offs on ebay...Someone warned me about them but I didn't listen (read the online reviews about them, everyone has the same complaints). For everyday use while mowing I would try the Skull Candy for around $30-70$...they are alot more durable and sound good too.
  10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I agree, I love my Skull Candy ear buds, but those prices are insane here's a set on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Skull-Candy-S...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263908987&sr=8-1

Here they are in Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Skullca...id=1218072202612&skuId=9251098&st=skull candy