Best hedge clipper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Westbrooklawn, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I'm starting to shop for a pole type hedge clipper with articulating head and enough reach to get to those taller hedges. I'd be interested in hearing recommendations from those who have brand, model, etc. for the price.
  2. Westbrooklawn

Still lookin for help.....!!!!!
  3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Been satisfied with my Maruyama.$449.00

I think it all comes down to the same saying when buying a mower.Who's gonna offer you the best service?Find them,at buy what they have.
  4. I got sthil hs 85 ..i love it and the blades dont dull as fast as my echo's extended one. got a few of the old chain saw style around still they come handy on occasion mostly as back ups.

The echo extended and stil extended if you look close are in this pic
  5. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Oh yeah!When I went looking for a trimmer I stopped by the closest place to my house.Went in and one person was working the counter.I asked her what the price was and told her I needed an articulating head pole trimmer and a regular trimmer.She gave me the price and I asked her if they come down a bit?
    She goes to the back for 5 minutes and comes back out.Offers 10 bucks off.The owner or sales person wouldn't even talk to me,but instead relayed the message through the counter clerk.
    I told her no thanks and left.That day I spent over $1000 on equipment at another dealer and went back a few weeeks later and bought my Toro Z.That's what offering great service opposed to bad service does.Now I just need to go back by the bad dealer and buy some trimmer line while I have the trailer hooked up. :D
  6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

odin got enough hand held equip?????
  7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I run a Stihl FS 85 trimmer. Bought the hedge trimmer attachment that will articulate.

Only negative I have is that its heavy, can adjust the handle forward to help balance some of the weight.

Its a great addition to have.
  8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

maruyama have the best gear boxes of all hedge trimmers.
  9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

simple enough for me Robyn hedge trimmers. I had one used 3 days a week 8 hours each. Lasted 8 years. Had another 5 days a week about 7 hours a day lasted 5. What more could I want.
  10. Westbrooklawn

Capt Devo......good to see you back!!!!!! I need to call you for a price on those clippers, and I need some Walker parts also.