Best hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Jul 5, 2005.

?

Best hedge trimmer

Poll closed Aug 4, 2005.
  1. Echo

20.2%
  2. Shindaiwa

11.7%
  3. Tanaka

13.8%
  4. Stihl

34.0%
  5. Other

20.2%
  1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

What is the best hedge trimmer for the $? I have all Echo except for the Red Max blower. How good is the Echo hedge trimmer at Home Depot for $269?

2. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

We have the echo from H.D., got it b/c it is light and we don't need it too much. Has worked well.

I have had one problem with it. The starter rope broke and the screws to change out the reel were rusted out (my fault). Our temporary fix was to disect the top so that we could splice the string back. This was a temp. fix, and it ended costing $75 in parts to fix it the correct way.

This being said, we like this hedge trimmer. The guys go for this one before the brand new Sthil.

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The low rate of response on voting for Tanaka is only proof that those LCO's haven't tried em.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned alot of brands, Stihl,Redmax,Littlewonder,Echo,Shindiwa and Tanaka. The lightest and most comfortable with good power and blade speed is the Tanaka 26inch double sided. IMO.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

24" echo double side
    17" articulating extended PAS attachment

Both equal sweet!

6. samk

samk LawnSite Member

not saying its the best have not tried the others but i do have the echo you are talking about and it does work very well

7. A Simple Cut

A Simple Cut LawnSite Member

I have some Kaw's, the shred everything

8. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Echo HC-150 is a great little machine.

9. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

Just got a couple Stihl's...great machines, very lightweight.

The only issue we have is the small gas tank (small to keep the weight down). You just end up re-fuelling more often.

We had kawasaki's before, they were heavy but did the same job.

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have a echo and tanaka. the tanaka is ALOT better, I hate the echo. The echo is the hcr-1500, it was top of the line when i bought it for its size, but I just hate it, its always breaking.