Best hedge trimmer?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by southgagrass, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

40" is way too long and usage are limited. If you have a 24", get the pole hedge trimmer.

2. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

Thanks Alan I was torn between the two because I keep wondering what helps deliver the best cut.

3. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

A true hedge trimmer will deliver the best cut. The pole is more for reach. I suggested the pole one only because you have the 24" Echo already. the 40" is just too long and use is limited. I think you can see better where you trim with the single side. So I think for detail work, single side is good. But I would get the 30" instead. Somehow I found the double side ones block my vision that I cannot see where I cut and that is not good for fine work.

But for the money, the pole one will add capability for you. I got the Shindaiwa multi tool because there is really not enough occasion I need the reach so I make it worth the money by using it as string trimmer mostly. I don't suggest you to get Shindaiwa as I am not very happy with it and I won't get it if I were to do it again.

4. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

Thanks Alan, so I am thinking that narrow me down to either the echo or redmax on the pole style or go for the redmax 30 single side - fir the same reason you stated.
    I have both a redmax and old shindi that a customer gave with a cub cadet 4 cycle for a back up so, I should probably go for the 30 - thanks again for your time and candid opinion!

5. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member