1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best Hedge Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by br549oicu8, Aug 25, 2005.

1. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know several threads have been over this but I want to hear more and new opinions. I love Echo products and currently have 12 trimmers and 10 blowers and a pair of hedge trimmers. The hedge trimmers are just so so. Looking to buy a couple of new hedge trimmers but I am not familiar with Tanaka or RedMax or Stihl which I see many are sold on.
    Good and bad please post!!!
    Thanks!

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

3. br549oicu8

Very interesting info. Guess I better look at the website to see the models available and who the local dealer is (KC area).

4. br549oicu8

Called the closest listed Tanaka dealer and was told they decided not to carry them any more. Couldn't sell them because the prices were so high!!
    Hmmmmm....

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

The THT-210S retails for $349.99. Call us at 1-888-482-6252 if you would like to purchase.

-MW

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

The tanaka is sweeeeet. I used it for 2 jobs today. One hedge trimming, then I used it as a brush cutter for the other job. Worked great!!!

7. br549oicu8

WHat model did you use???

8. br549oicu8

No more opinions??????

9. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have Maruyama T 2300, been using it since April 04, super sharp double bladed hedger. I don't know what people said, but to me, hedgetrimmer is as most important as your front line mower. If the lawn looks good but hedge & bush look like crap, you are not gonna fly very long.
    careful, the blade is the sharpest I have ever experienced, several cut on me before I got the best hang of it. Use same 50:1 stihl 4 mix (black 2cyle + bottle)

10. GroundControl

GroundControl LawnSite Member

I bought the Tanaka THT-210S and love it. It's quiet and powerful. I was going to but the Stihl but went with this. The price is in line with all the others.