1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

best herbicide on pavers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bligh61, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bligh61

bligh61 LawnSite Member

What is the best application to kill off growth between pavers? They are set on concrete with crushed blue stone in seams. I cant ctop the weeds though. Round up/glyposate does ok but doesnt last. Any help?

2. jtq0919

jtq0919 LawnSite Member

I usually use glyphosate with 3 tsp per backpack tank of sureguard herbicide (flumioxazin) mixed in. this provides residual protection.

3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

use sahara...kills for a long time

4. petscanning

petscanning LawnSite Member

I use round up brush killer it lasts up to a year they say. Just dose the cracks and it will be a while before you see anything. I gallon makes like 8 gallons. I spray my customers cracks. Makes less work on me on returns.

5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

High Olive?

Sahara is more suited for guardrails, medians, shoulders, substations, barriers, delineators and signposts than for residential applications. Runoff can cause major problems because it'll kill everything including trees.

He should use Flumioxazin & Glyco