Best in the wet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GreenGrassman, May 23, 2013.

1. Mowdawg

Mowdawg LawnSite Member

My first choice would be a Scag with a High velocity deck. I have a huge field I mow for a church every 2-3 weeks depending on growth. The John Deere Quick-Trak 667A mows it very tall and wet. No clumps. I don't use it for any other properties because it doesn't stripe well and the 62" deck doesn't handle the changing contours most of our accounts have.

2. C&C Landscaping

C&C Landscaping LawnSite Member

I HAD a quick track with the 7 iron deck - It did better than my Super Z deck when wet,

3. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

I will be interested in what you come up with. People in other parts of the country really don't understand what we are dealing with.

4. GreenGrassman

GreenGrassman LawnSite Member

Forsure, espessally this time of year.

5. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Salem, OR.
    I have an Exmark tt36s and the mulch kit is awesome, but on wet thick grass (or even lush green thick) it slows the BTS so that it leaves a strip between the blades which needs a dble cut- which also rolls the bits up more., I agree with Richard as the clumps are from the stuff stuck to the deck finally falling off.
    I am going to side-cast as the cleanup is the same, but easier with out the rolled up clumps/bits.
    Going to be working on building an OCDC soon.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That standing water will clean a deck out in a hurry.