1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best in tree saw?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by recycledsole, Nov 11, 2012.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Some people here use the Echo CS360 T @ $300.00. Comparable to the Sthil MS201 and OK for occasional users.

We have Sthil MS190's (now the 192) and have never found it to be under powered even cutting hard woods (get the "yellow" professional chain).

Not much experience with the Echo.

2. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

thanks guys
    i have a ms290, and i want these saws for in tree cutting, and cutting larger stuff down

3. recycledsole

from MD

thanks alot guys
    i have ms 290
    i am getting the ms201 or 192 saw for in tree cutting,
    and the ms660 for cutting larger stuff. i noticed the ms362 and up are close to the price of the 660. the 660 is the only one reccomended for the 36" bar aside from the 880 which is almost $2000.

4. recycledsole

from MD

TreeRemoval111212ReSized1.jpg

TreeRemoval111212ReSized.jpg

100_2424.jpg

hey guys
    i got both saws.
    they are awesome
    they gave me 10% off my purchase. saved around $200.

100_2424.jpg

TreeRemoval111212ReSized.jpg

TreeRemoval111212ReSized1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

6. recycledsole

from MD

paid for the little one...
    thanks alot for your help rsk. i also got the 13hp little wonder blower as you reccomended. you have helped me out alot. i appreciate it

7. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

no problem, I recommended the 9hp honda little wonder, but I can't imagine a 13hp honda little wonder would be any worse, just more weight to push up hills if you have any. but i got the 9hp vs. the 13hp because no matter how big the motor you are still gonna get to a pile that is too big and you won't be able to move quickly so i just stopped at 9hp which does perfect for 99% of the lawn I do, especially if i bag the leaves starting october 1st. clean ups go quick....I picked up my first br600 today, nice and light, very quiet, i used it in my yard for a min. not really any leaves to blow because i have been bagging my lawn once a week for a month or so. but it seemed to do fine, my older husky is without a doubt more powerful, but the sthil did perfect today, as i only need it blow out beds. the husky is 72cc the stihl is 65cc but its the 8lb weight difference and 3 or 4 decibels quieter that i really like. anyways good luck! have fun with the top handle and 660, I was drooling over one today while i waiting for the sales guy to enter everything in the computer to finalize the sale. i really really want one, but don't have any tree jobs to justify spending 1200 on one with 36" bar yet. I will get a job someday and when that day comes brand new 660 it is. for now my 72cc ms440 with a 28" bar will do the work when i have bigger stuff to cut.

8. recycledsole

from MD

thanks RSK
    my dealer only had the 13hp one and he gave it to me for alot $1550 with tax included. only thing i might do differently is get a self propelled vserion
    the saws are working good and getting plenty of use
    thanks man i appreciate it. good luck with your business