1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Inexpensive Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnGreen, Nov 11, 2007.

1. LawnGreen

LawnGreen LawnSite Member

This is my first year in business and I'm looking for an inexpensive but effective way to get my company and our services out to potential client's.
    I'm fairly limited to cash for advertising for right now due start up cost.
    So any advice or suggestions would be great.
  2. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say your best bet would be business cards and black and white fliers. You may be able to find them at a local print shop for pretty cheap. Once you get your client list up them you can really try to push for referrals

Good luck
  3. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

we used to put up business cards in donut shops and irrigation supply houses. also home depot and lowes have a big black book in the service center were you can put your business cards in, when people ask the sales person for people who do the work you do they point to the book and the customer chooses. works for me on irrigation repairs.
  4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

The absolute best......Is Word of Mouth
  5. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, business cards in key lawn/landscaping points-of-contact. Not only home and garden stores, but real estate agencies, other small business contractors store counters, and word of mouth is the ultimate "free advertisment".

BTW, jimmyburg, how does the donut shop fit in? :rolleyes:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Word of mouth,+ a clean looking truck and or enclosed trailer when people see it enough it sticks in there head.
  7. jimmyburg

by the dozen!:waving:
  8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know how it will work out but I just sent out 400 post cards to the neighborhood streets I already do work on. My mother-in-law is a real estate agent so she printed mls address labels for those areas and I just had to put the labels on the post cards and stamp them.

All told about $110.00 in materials, mostly stamps ($104/400) and I hope to get 3 or 4 customers from it if 1% is what is supposed to be expected....
  9. jimmyburg

what kind of work do you provide?
  10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn service: Mow, edge, trim and hedge trimming as monthly package. Offer mulching, weeding and tree trimming as add ons.