best insecticide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by fastcat, Jul 16, 2009.

1. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

is there a liquid insecticide that you use for pretty much everything. i know that for some insects and some plants you have to use a certian product. what i want to know is what is the best all around liquid insecticide. liquid seven, cross check whats your favorite. YES I AM LICENSED.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi bud -- our favorite is 'Crosscheck' from LESCO (same as Talstar). Heavy duty quick kill plus some systemic properties.

p.s. Been using Crosscheck for bagworms this week. 100% kill.

9 to 10 ounces per 100 gallons.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  3. fastcat

crosscheck is what i was thinking about useing because the property were i need to spray has an arb full of bagworms and the bushes right beside it has white flies. i was trying to look at the label on lesco.com but you can really read it. how much do you mix per gallon. your rate of 10 oz per 100 gall seems low but i have no clue.

4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We like Talstar/Crosscheck also, But you shouild switch off to other products occasionally. Especially the miticide

5. coiclawn

coiclawn LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Bifenthrin/ Talstar works real well, and the bottom finally fell out on the price so that makes it even better.

6. fastcat

i think that cross check here is $32 for 96oz. thats not bad at all for a good product

7. coiclawn

coiclawn LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Talstar goes for 27.00 per 96oz. bottle and the generics go for 28.00 per gallon down here (as long as you don't go to jdl).

8. fastcat

jdl i the only supplier here i think. other than organic material

9. Heidi J.

Heidi J. LawnSite Senior Member

I would do a little checking around, even online, or local grain/fert. place. There has got to be a UAP/UHS around.

We use Orthene and Crosscheck. I am about done ordering through JDL, though.. not too happy with them anymore.

10. tombo82685

tombo82685 LawnSite Senior Member

has to be acelpryn