Best investment I ever made (I think)

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kedkins22, Oct 2, 2011.

1. kedkins22

kedkins22 LawnSite Member

In the beginning of the season I installed gorilla lifts on all 4 of my trailers and the $700 has been the single best investment I feel I have made. My guys comment on them all the time about the inability to dropping a gate on their toes and not having to injure their backs lifting. To me happy employees is well worth the $ spent. Plus gates are staying in better shape.
    Just wondered what some of you think is your best $ you have spent.

2. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto! My Gorilla Lifts have to be the best $$ I've ever spent. I'm thankful for them every time I use them!!

3. In terms of value for money invested I'd have to say it's my mini-MIG welder. Around $400 invested and it's saved me more times than I can count.
    Or maybe my core aerator. My wife complained a little when I bought it. A couple of weeks later it had paid it's self off. It makes fall as profitable as the other seasons.

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I should invest in some!

5. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Reguardless of whether or not it was a great investment, I think there is a lesson to be learned here. Happy employees=better quality work, less bitching, and more productivity. That easily makes the seven hundred dollar investment worth it!

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You must really be making some bad investments if this is your best. My best investment was to buy IBM stock in 1964. And someday that spring will break and you are still likely to have an employee hurt. Another waste of money not needed to run an efficient business.

7. Hey! that's what I'll tell my wife! I'm self employed. Last time I tried an "employee incentive" I get the "look".
    OK, it was sub woofers & an amp for my truck, but it makes ME happy!

8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Way to stay positive!

9. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

haha sounds like the wife is the boss? lol Im 21 and everybody I talk to older than me tells me to never get married and never have kids? I guess time will tell :usflag:

10. land_scaper70

land_scaper70 LawnSite Member

my billy goat push blower, this thing moves a lot of leaves quickly. I had it payed for in the first leaf season. Kids I would never be without, unfortunately the kid come with the wife, which I'm in the process of getting rid of now!!!!!:clapping: