Best landscape software?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dandrews, Jun 11, 2006.

1. dandrews

dandrews LawnSite Member

I am a landscape foreman and need to get software to design landscapes and consult to customers. I need a plant encyclopedia, ability to import photos and design gardens on top of the real photos, possibly sample garden designs, and more.

I found Punch! Master Landscape & Home Design, 3D Home Architect Landscape & Patio Design, Better Homes and Gardens Landscaping and Deck Designer, and others.

Can you recommend the best software based on your experiences? I looked for comps and reviews online, but didn't find much.

Thank you.
  2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out the thread in the Commercial Landscaping area, Pro Landscape. It is professional landscape imaging and plan software. It has an excellent plant library, creates 3D photo imaging and has a CAD based design and plan feature. All the other software you have mentioned are directed towards homeowners, not professionals. You may find those inexpensive programs suit your needs to start, but eventually you will want to move up to professional design software, just like any other landscaping tool.

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah and mmost of those ones you named you have to design the house before you can do the landscaping ,this takes a couple of hours even after you have mastered the program.In my oppinion they are just not worth it even with their lower price.You can go ahead and buy them but make sure you keep the reciept and box and all manuals because I can guarantee you will be returning them. they are more for amusement if you have the free time rather than an actuall tool you could use ,but I have heard the one he is talking about is great We will be buying one hopefully by the end of the season because it costs $1,200.00 dollars. but if you are going to be doing landscaping it should pay for itself in no time. I am unsure if it is called pro lanscape or lanscape pro either way good luck on your decision