Best Landscaper Android Apps for your Smartphone

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kirkmbrown2001, Dec 27, 2011.

1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a new Droid Bionic smartphone. I have found ALOT of useful apps for landscapers that are free or pretty cheap. I thought I would share what I have found with you.

Landscaper/Garden Calculators

Landscaping Calculator Pro
    $1.99
    Allows you to quickly and accuratly calculate many different calculations needed for our industry. Does not support metric measurements at this time.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Landscape & Garden Calculators
    $7.99
    20 Landscape and Garden Calculators and Estimators! GPS MEASUREMENTS! Calculate the distance between two points by using the GPS in your device. Metric and US Measurement Supported!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tree, Shrub and Plant Encyclopedia

Landscaper's Companion
    $4.99
    Guide to trees, shrubs, and garden plants. Thousands of plants and photos.
    Landscaper’s Companion is your reference guide to trees, shrubs, and garden plants. Access thousands of beautiful plant photos. With 16 categories and information on over 8,500 different plants. Plants include details such as a short description, scientific name, common names, cultivation tips, water usage, size, sun requirements, bloom season, and deer resistance.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Time Clock

Time Recording - Timesheet App
    FREE
    Time clock that can be used in the field to track hourly employees.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Expenses

Expense Manager
    FREE
    Track expenses and incomes on the go. Take pictures of receipts. Very intuitive!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Vehicle Management

My Cars
    FREE
    Record fuel and maintenance for your vehicles. Record vehicle bills and expenses. Upcoming maintenance reminders. Lots of charts and it is all exportable!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

TripLog - GPS Mileage Tracker
    FREE
    Use GPS to track mileage. Log trips, fuel fill-ups and vehicle expenses. Use phone camera to take receipt photos. Email yearly and monthly vehicle tax deduction reports and logs. Backup data and upload photos to Amazon Cloud securely and safely (the storage is not associated to your Amazon account). Download photos from the HTML reports. You will never lose your data even if you lost your phone. Plus, calculate your vehicle accurate MPG!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Website Analytics

mAnalytics
    FREE
    Your website Google Analytics Stats everywhere.
    mAnalytics is a program to view your website Google Analytics stats on your android device.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So there is a short list of useful apps I have found. Hope these will help you with your business. Everyone is welcome to add to my list!

2. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

Good stuff!!

3. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

i just got an android for christmas from my guys. is there an app for billing customers? i think it would be great if you could type in all the info during the day each day and then att the end of the month it would print it all out on your bills saving alot of time. if there isnt who do i talk to about building one? thanks for the other apps.

4. Mustangl3

Mustangl3 LawnSite Member

I use acar, evernote, and time catcher. There we some apps that will export time to quickbooks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Kirk, you snuck another one in on me!!!
    More great info, thanks!

6. BradT

BradT LawnSite Member

Found this thread doing a little research for a new project I'm working on. Any new developments related to smartphone apps for lawn maintenance companies? If you have a few minutes to spare, I put together a quick survey that will help me get a better idea of what we should look into designing. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Lawnsite-Mobile-App