Best lawn advise ever...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike payne, Feb 19, 2002.

1. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

What has been the best lawn advise that you ever receiver from this site or any other place? Also what has been the best lesson that you have learned from experience?

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The best advice that I have learned from the internet is that no one really cares what you have to say, and take everything with a grain of salt.

The best advice I have learned from LS is that in order to suceed you have to continue to throwout what you thought you knew, expand on what you learn, and that nothing is cast in concrete.

The best advice from experience is: If you say your going to do something - Follow through to your fullest extent, and If you arent able to do what you need to get done, then find someone who can help you through it!

3. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Establish yourself as an extremely dependable LCO. Show up at a regular account at the exact time every week. Always exhibit a positive, courteous appearance. Look at the property the way you know your customer looks at it. NEVER leave without finishing. Weather should be the ONLY reason you're not there on that SET time. When it clears, get it done.

Look for reasons to do your job - instead of looking for reasons NOT to.

I say this because I know local co's who seem to do jobs when its convenient for them. "I could'nt get there because I had something else I really needed to do..." (the customer does not care whats going on in your life). "Truck broke, had to work my other job, mower boke etc. " -Its not the customers concern -they don't need to ever wonder where you are or hear your excuses.

This is the kind of company that never grows, and the owner never seems to understand why.

4. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

BRAVO!!!!! That is great advice.

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Aw come on Kru, I care about your jibberish. Honest.

Best thing from this site is no matter how bad or difficult something may seem at the time, someone here has probably been through it already & can hopefully help out with it.

Best thing from experience is I will never have enough experience to say I have done or know it all. Sorta like what that Kutnkru guy was saying he learned from LS, but I can't say for sure because I didn't care to read his post. ;)

6. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Walk tall and proud and carry a bag of fert (for seceret night apps for customers who think their lawn only needs to be cut every 2 weeks):p :p ;) :D ;) :p :p ~NaTe

7. _GUNNER_8

_GUNNER_8 LawnSite Member
    from TN

Most knowledge i have gained is from attending seminars threw winter months, there is nothing like face to face hands on learning.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

id have to go w what kutnkru said. the one single piece of advice that changed my service the most was changing from lt to ztr.
    doubled my production.later now

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I learned to not take any crap from customers, and to not undersell my services.

10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

well said mdb. its not so much advice i learned but...

i started a business so as not to have a boss. so i no longer take crap. go out of your way to please good customers, the bad ones can kiss my...

and remember, we don't work in a street market overseas. debating and bargaining over price is not an option.