1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best least expensive hand held blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wave~life, Apr 13, 2003.

1. wave~life

wave~life LawnSite Member

Was wondering if you guys could recommend a inexpensive hand held blower.
    I can't afford a back pack blower right now so am thinking maybe echo hand held?
    Would that be a good choice?

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo at Home Depot. I bought one beginning of last year and no problems yet.
  3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 200.00 Echo shred/vac.Its reliable,and starts easy.BUT it don't have a whole bunch of power,blows grass fine ,if wind ain't agains't you.Vaccum power isn't too strong either.:cool:
  4. wave~life

Thanks for the info.I will plan a trip to the Depot first thing in the morning to check out their echo blowers.
    Any model number better then the rest?

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana".
    Groucho Marx
  5. wave~life

Thanks for the info Grassdaddy,looks like echo might be the way to go.I will try to keep the wind at my back and hope for the best. ; )

"I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury".

Groucho Marx
  6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

For commercial quality Echo or Stihl will probably be the least expensive.

The absolute cheapest gas blower I have found is a Weedeater for about $60

It has real throttle control just a choke.

It is what I started with and I still use it for a backup or if my arms are getting tired. It is the lightest blower I have found also.
    And It blows enough air to get the clippings off the concrete, which is all i need a blower for most of the time.

we blower.jpg
  7. wave~life

Howdy Paul,

I will be looking at the depot tomorrow,sometimes they carry the weedeater brands.All I really need it todo is blow the clippings off the hard surfaces so the weedeater might be a good cheap alternative right now.Thanks for the recky.

"Room service? Send up a larger room."

Groucho Marx
  8. I`m all with paulj I bought one of those cuz it was 70 bucks as a back up to my stihl hand held and I use that thing more than the stihl , it doesn`t start as easy but it is really light and blows pretty good and i will have it with me always on the trailer.
    its a definate for the cheapest blower.
  9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

ECHO PB2100 I bought one of these @ home cheepo for $149.95.

It had a much more soild handdle then a weedeater but, I had one of those weedeaters and it worked good until I got my stihl br420c magnum.

But, for a handheld I would say go with the echo.

Good Luck,

:) :)
  10. wave~life

Thanks for the info.I went to the depot today but they are no longer carrying the weedeater brand.However their compitiion "Lowes" across the street had the weed eater you guys have been talking about.Came to about $73.00 with tax.
    This will do untill I can aford a backpack blower.

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

Groucho Marx