Best light weight trimmer? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qwaller, Oct 15, 2007.

1. qwaller

qwaller LawnSite Member

Looking at the Shin T242. Any suggestions? I like the ease of the string replacement (at least how the dealer sold it on the floor).

2. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Look at the Echo SRM210, or for more power a SRM230 only about 1 pound more

3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I got that small redmax one, you wont believe how light it is. It's so small and light I actually didn't even want it but I needed a wacker one day and thats all they had so I had to get what they had I didn't want it because I didn't think it would have balls but let me tell you what you would be really surprised what you could do with it it's so light it makes you never want to use the bigger ones again.

4. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

For a lightwieght trimmer I like my echo 210. Lightwieght and for a bump head it works very well. It does not get tangled and is very easy to reload.

5. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I love my Kaw. KGT27A It feels like nothing in your hands so nice and balanced as well.

haha And I just got it like 2 days ago. Was gonna go with Stihl rx100 but my dealer told me to get the Kaw instead.

Just shop around and see which one you like and feel in your hand.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Describe your expected usage of the trimmer. ie: heavy grass, commercial use, estimated time used etc.

The T242 is the entry model in the commercial Shindaiwa trimmers, but depending on your usage you might be able to get a Shin Homepro 22T and have even lighter weight. (the 375 speed feed head will fit the 22T)

7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki KGT27A - 10 lbs. of screamin' power. :usflag:

8. qwaller

qwaller LawnSite Member

Not needing mega power. Trimming only. Heavy grass not likely. Would like to get something with straight, strong shaft. Easy loading, and light on the arms.. Also needs to be low vibration, No tingling hands would be nice.

9. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

Kawi Kawi Kawi thats the only trimmer I would even look at if you want a light well balanced trimmer. Hands down the best in my opinion. shindi's are allright echos are cheap redmax blow although there blowers blow in a good way

10. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

The Kawi KGT27A I just bought is definitely light, but it definitely doesn't start in one pull. Or even ten or fifteen sometimes. I also don't like the way the line feels compared to the Stihl I use. It always seems too short, so I bump it, and I can hear the line being cut, so it is as far as it will go without removing the shield. Which I am not about to do.