Best light weight trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slawn, Feb 22, 2007.

1. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

I need a light weight trimmer, I have a bad shoulder. I was looking at the redmax TR2300. any other suggestions.

thanks

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the echo srm 210. Pretty light, cheap and the power isnt to bad.

Cheers
    Jeff

3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Husqavarna............been running them for 5 years, they are light and will do the job.

4. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

stihl fs 80. love them and the fs 90

5. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Stihl Fs-100rx plenty of power at only 10.4 pounds.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

husky is king of light trimmers. there is nothing light about a sthil

7. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the Stihl FS-100RX for the power you get (31.4cc of high torque 4-mix power) its very light, only 10.4 lb. The Husqvarna 326 series weigh in as light as 9 lbs and come with 24.5cc engines. The Redmax you mentioned is also very light, at around 9 lbs (lighter than the Echo SRM-210) but you might consider the Husqvarna or Stihl: lightweight with alot more power.

Really, you should find as many of these as you can at dealers and get a feel for them in person, because balance can make a big difference as to whether a trimmer feels lighter or heavier, regardless of the actual weight. (make sure they all have trimmer heads and guards attached when you handle them).

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always recommended the Tanaka 230. However, this spring I'm buying a Kaw KGT27A. Much larger engine (26cc vs 23 on the Tan) and yet weighs only 10.2 lbs. Check it out!

9. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been running a robin NB26 without any problems. I guess over the winter my shoulder has gotten worst. I ran my robin the other day for a few hours and have been hurting ever since. Thought I would try a lighter trimmer.

10. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Look @ a Maruyama. I think they make decent and stuff, haven't owned any, do some research on this site.