1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

best lightweight backpack blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jampa1, Nov 4, 2006.

1. jampa1

jampa1 LawnSite Member
    from n.c.

Wife joining team need advise on best lightweight backpack blower for her(quality&power)!
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Lightweight? For your wife? Look at that little one that Echo has...and don't look back. Simple starting, lightweight, plenty of power, and easy to use....
  3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihls BR600 is light and POWERFUL...my wife uses mine to blow our yard and she doesnt have any probs with it....loves the thing.
  4. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, BR600 There are light blowers. . .And then there are the light ones that are powerful :)
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You came to the wrong site to ask that question........I don't think there is anybody on this site that knows anything about small equipment. Just go look at the weight of the blowers and select the one you think she can carry. It will be just fine.....we are beginning to believe we could do 85% of our jobs with a hand held, since they are getting very powerful.
  6. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

My vote goes to the BR600 also it is a very good unit
  7. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

I have the BR600, its awsome and my 6'3 240lbs finds it to be light
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

An Echo pb-403 would be a good unit. Plenty of power and not to heavy! I have and its a great machine!
  9. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

BR 600 is very light, comfortable, quiet, and very powerful. I like mine a lot. My gf has no problem using it at all.
  10. Jnamo

Jnamo LawnSite Member

Can't go wrong with an Echo.