1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Line of Advertisement

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Zachary52902, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

What do you guys recommend for advertisement? I use flyers. I usually hand out 5000 flyers. What would you guys recommend to bring in more business? On my flyer I offer 10% off landscaping, 10% off of fall clean up and 1 free cut with annual contract. What do you guys think and what are your recommendations?
  2. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I did flyers and actually got some biz from here via networking, saw guys in my area and dropped them a " what area do you work and will send someone to you if we aren't in same area" type of note. I also ran an ad in our weekly paper here, have gotten call through that.

3. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

You need to be diversified when it comes to advertising. Flyers are good, but make sure they look professtional. Yellow pages are a no brainer. There is one avenue that has turned out to be good for our company is the small local papers in the surrounding towns. You get more bang for your buck when you do this. For example, one advertising company we deal with takes care of the majority of small town papers in connecticut. We can advertise once a week in 5 small local papers for a set price for a certain amount of time. Contact these local papers and ask who is their publisher/advertising company.
    You're going to have to try different avenues and see which "ones" work best. However, the only way to figure this out is to ask the customer where they saw your ad. Keep a tally of this and then you can tell which one work the best and put more capitol towards it.
  4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Word of mouth and doing quality work is your best advertisement.