Best Line Trimmer for us Tall suckers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Professionals Inc., Aug 27, 2007.

1. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I have a redmax now and I like it, but sometimes it hurts my back because the shaft is not long enough. I am a good 6'3" without my shoes. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Tanaka has a trimmer that will work for you, and they are good machines.
  3. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do tell more about these units.....straight 2 stroke no valves and how long have they been in you run any that have more than 1000 hours on them?
  6. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Yes, 2-stroke. We introduced them in April. Talk to Accu-cut of check out the field test on our forum....

"Accu-cut Lawn Care
    Definitely check out Tanaka's 260-pfl. I'm currently doing a long term field test on one. Out of the box, they feel kind of cumbersome due to the long shaft's effect on the balance point. But, after using it for a few days, you'll get used to it. My field test unit is now modified(from the factory) by having the throttle handle orientated 3.5 inches away from the powerhead. This makes for a cg or balance point that is unparalled by any other unit on the market...and still gives us tall guys extra reach. I am completely ruined from using anything else now. I tried to use my shindy 260 and 270 this week and immediately put them back on the truck...They feel like toothpicks to me. By the way...Im 6'4"."