best liquid fertilizer and weed control

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by popeye7315, May 8, 2012.

1. popeye7315

popeye7315 LawnSite Member
    from nj

Hi everybody just i have a simple question

what is the best " LIQUID" fertilizer and weed control product i can use ... and is easy purchase in the store ... i not want Digg deep for found some product

thanks

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Oh boy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Yes, yes, yes. There ought to be a sticky requiring: Turf type and soil conditions and targeted weeds. Whether irrigated and if soil test have been done with analysis posted.
    I don't mind helping but basic info from anyone should be foremost.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Get your license and insurance. Then read a few thousand posts on this site and you will know.
    And you can always ask you fertilizer salesman--he will know for sure.

5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, yes, yes. There ought to be a sticky requiring: basic English and the above. :dizzy:

6. popeye7315

popeye7315 LawnSite Member
    from nj

thanks everybody for the answer .. but is stupid got a linces and insurance for spray product in my home... if i going to lows or home depot or tractor supply normally they don't know about good product only offer a product just for the brand ..... that why i open this blog here for good answers and people they know what doing ....

please some body know about Bermuda and how keep off weed and good fertilizer in liquid i appreciated the information thanks and have a great day

7. Den69RS96

Den69RS96 LawnSite Member

As a homeowner myself, there is no way to answer that question with the information you provided. Its like asking a mechanic to say whats wrong with my car when its sitting in your garage.

You need a soil test done first. Dig up some dirt from around your yard and send it in for a soil sample. Probably the local univerisity would be able to do it for you. The results should give you fertilizer and lime recommendations plus times to apply. Once you know what type of fetilizer I'm sure someone will post which one they like best. Keep in mine most people on this site are not using the stuff you buy at HD or Lowe's so you probably won't be able to get it without a license. Post of a pic to two of the weeds and I'm sure someone can identify them for you. Once you know what they are, go to tractor supply and get the correct weed killer and fertilizer.

8. Lawn132012

Lawn132012 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I am still liking the use of my SumaGreen Turf over the fertilizer all together mainly for price and the performance of the SG Turf right now is looking pretty good when comparing to my lawns in the past. The greening up is taking a little longer but they way things are shaping up I may not need to use as much in pesticides.
    I think next year I may use the 1/8 pound of fert on first application but it will depend on the color next Spring on the lawns I am only testing the SG Turf on.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Ok since your heart is set on liquid your choices are limited. You will be looking at hose end bottle products. Scotts turf builder is a decent mix for the fert and has some iron for nice greening. For the weed control try Bayer products, again in a hose end bottle. These products aren't strong enough to get you into trouble and but the results will be slow in coming. Bermuda needs N almost monthly now. Once it starts thickening up it is surprising good at choking out weeds all by itself.
    Posted via Mobile Device