1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Best Logo etc. Design Software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GravelyGuy, Nov 29, 2006.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I need to get a logo made and I may as well get the software and do it myself if I am going to go pay to have it done. I will be able to use the software for other things too. I know about Photoshop because we have it at school. Any others and what can I expect to pay? I need a user friendly program because I am not real good with computers.

2. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i would say that photoshop gives you the most freedom..but you have to create your own ideas

i used this http://www.aaa-logo.com
    and i made these 2 logos and a business card with it

for the logo on the business card and the "line" logo i used a generic plant looking thing that comes with the program...for the tree logo i got a tree on google and cropped it and made it black with another editor

Attached Files:

3. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Don't laugh, but I designed my logo using " microsoft kids" Paint It program. It had all the features I needed for my logo. It came out really good, if I do say so myself. I get people all the time asking me for a hat. The one thing about logos: the more simple the better. Look what the nike swoosh did for nike. A kid probably came up with that design.
  4. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Can we see your logo?

5. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

Do you really want to buy an expensive program for one logo? After you create your logo will you use it again? Right now I am working a few for various people. If you can wait sometime next week I can help you. I am in the biz, check out "New Logo" posted by shawnhines. I am helping him also. I like to take my time and not bang them out.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to see how it turned out
  8. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I'll try to post it. If not I'll email or PM you with it. It just got through snowing so I'm swamped right now.
  9. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I understand at least the busy part not the snow:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  10. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks ... I love looking at logos and things. I use AAA Logo, and can sit for hours and create things. Looking forward to seeing your design.