Best looking Cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ray & Karen, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

Does anyone have an opinion whether Toro's new SFS deck can make a better looking cut than Exmark. For what I have seen Exmark makes the best looking cut. I have a Wright Stander currently but it will not cut low enough for Bermuda. I only have 25 hours on it, and I have to sell aleady. I need a diversified mower that makes a great looking cut.

2. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Ray or Karen I have the 52" SFS deck and am happy with the cut. The lowest it will cut is 1.5"

3. Jefft

Jefft LawnSite Member

Mike I just purchased a Toro Z Master 44" inch deck with a 20hp kohler engine and was just wondering how you liked yours. I was going to wait on the new turbo force deck but they said it would be august or so for the Z 100's I believe the SFS decks are good decks or Toro would not have had them out there.

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Exmarks new 60" wb is unbelieveable cut. I have an article coming out in june about it in the Turf mag. I would say it is rather somewhere in between a rotary mower and a reel mower. I have Never seen a cut that amazing.

5. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Jeff I've got the 52" 23 kawi and it works fine I havn't tried mulching yet I side discharge with the mulching blades.

Last week I cut thigh high grass no bogging or clogging.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

So true, So true.:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

997-400.jpg

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Re: Does anyone have an opinion whether Toro's new SFS deck ...

Are you meaning the new Toro Turbo Force deck?
    (this new deck is not similar to the SFS deck)