Best Looking Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOturkey, Sep 18, 2005.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

OK, it is still too wet to mow, so I'm thinking of all these things to post.

Putting aside all prejudices regarding past or present performance, experience, etc., which ZTR do you think is, simply, the best looking?

I own a Gravely, but even if I didn't, I think they would get my vote. I think the engine cowling is cool looking, giving a rakish touch to the design, and I love the red color with the black (hotter than hell) seats. When mine is shined up, with a bit of tire black and Armor-all on the black tanks and seat, it is one sharp looking mower.

I think Dixie Choppers are too utilitarian looking. Grasshoppers are apparently good mowers, I know a couple of people around here who run them, but whoever came up with that color choice???? Skag, in my opinion, runs a close second as far as ugly color. I haven't seen a newer Exmark, because no one locally runs them, that I'm aware of, so I can't say about them.

Again, before I hear about it. This has nothing whatsoever to do with performance, only aesthetics.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

A new one is always the best-looking mower, LOL

I'm a bit on your side with the Dixie Chopper, too industrial... I think Toro with the red is always a hot one and of course, so is Exmark.

Dunno much about the rest, thou I have heard say as ugly as the Dixie is, it is one of the best (and also expensive).

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My wife and I had this conversation a good while back when she went mower shopping with me. She brought it up and we ended up agreeing on the Gravely 260Z also.

But now the Lazer Z also runs neck to neck with the 260Z.
    I believe the new Super Z's are going to be sharp also.

Dixie Chopper and Grasshopper get the award for uglyiest.

4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

-Dixie(just seeing those turf boss tires and all that silver makes it look awesome)
    -Super Z
    -Liquid Cooled Exmark(cool cowling)
    -260Z and the outfront PM320(will be my next purchase,so much mower for the money)

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

and their overall toughness look. But so far John Deere makes a great looking mower with the back end finished off, they paint it green and not black like every other mower. I also love my Toro z-masters with their no nonsense commercial look.

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a good lookin mower

l_5000.jpg

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I forgot about Ferris.... The IS4500 is way-sharp looking.
    Better looking than the above pictured Ferris by far.

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

i would have to go with gravely also. exmark and toro's are in second. also, i think the 52" standers looks sweet.

9. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

one of these days ill make one... a walker with suspension.

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I think if they changed the tires to a turf tire it would look more appealing to the eye. But the stainless steel has my vote. Grasshopper's have to be the ugliest mower ive ever seen